Sunday, April 14, 2019

Zomblog 10: That One Zombie Movie I'm In

Yeah, you read that right. No, you can’t see it.
Interaction School of Performing Arts, which my mother used to run (it’s still around, she just works for the city now. Also not really important, since she didn’t teach the camps) has a yearly movie making camp. Every summer, kids ranging from like 3 to 17 come in to make a movie. We split it into two different camps, one for the youngsters and the other for older kids. Even since I stopped doing it about four years ago, I often come in and help, even sometimes cameoing in the films. When I was a kid though, I was super into these movies.
The first one we did was a Zombie movie called Horrorview High. We called it this because we filmed it in Harbour High School over the summer. It was the harrowing story of a mad drama teacher/occultist who used dark magic to transform his uncooperative students/cast into easily-controlled zombies during rehearsals for Annie.
I played a kid named Trevor, who had basically no personality traits besides being an annoying nerd. Trevor is friends with Garth, who is Goth. Trevor is bit by a child zombie played by my sister and transformed into one himself. Our zombies were very Romero, slowly shuffling through hallways lit by flickering bulbs. We had a small amount of pale makeup and sunken black eyes. We were pretty Ghoulish looking and it was genuinely kind of cool for something made by little kids (with adult direction, of course).
Oh, remember how I said the characters were doing Annie? Well, we sang as zombies. It sounded basically like what you’d expect.
Come to think of it, it’s kind of a premise you could make a real movie out of.

I have a copy and again, NO, you guys aren’t allowed to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment